Fundraising and Development Program
Purpose: GFWC members are passionate about volunteer service! Successful fundraising and development programs are necessary and important for the continued success of our organization as we strive to make a positive difference in our communities and our world. When we view fundraising and development as a tool that allows us to continue to improve lives, we are inspired to use that tool as efficiently and productively as possible.
STEPS TO SUCCESSFUL FUNDRAISING AND DEVELOPMENT
1. RESEARCH AND FOLLOW THE APPLICABLE LAWS
2. APPOINT A CAPABLE FUNDRAISING AND DEVELOPMENT CHAIRMAN
3. SET GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
4. PLAN ALL ASPECTS OF YOUR FUNDRAISING AND DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
a. What type of fundraiser will you conduct?
b. What is the communications plan for marketing and publicity?
5. TYPES OF FUNDRAISERS While there are many types of fundraisers, most fall within the following three categories:
6. EVENTS usually include food and beverages, a program, and/or entertainment, such as: - Galas or banquets - Music concerts - Style or fashion shows - Rummage or consignment sales - Competitive or sporting events - golf, 5K runs and walks, bridge or Bunco tournaments, and bingo games - Art parties where artists teach guests to create their own designs - Soup/Dessert cook-offs
AWARDS GFWC recognizes State Federations for outstanding projects and clubs for creative projects in implementing effective Fundraising and Development program, as follows:
* Certificate to one State Federation in each membership category
* $50 award to one club in the nation for project creativity
Award winners will be determined by entries into the Awards Program. Each State Federation may submit one State Award Entry Cover Sheet and one Club Creativity Award Entry Cover Sheet for the Fundraising and Development program. Clubs do not submit entries directly to GFWC.